Twister is the game that ties you up in knots.
Can you keep your balance and win?
The last one standing wins.
This is a game for 2 to 4 players. Plus 1 player serving as referee if possible. Any one of the players can also serve as referee designated before the first spin.
The spinner will decide which foot or hand to use and which coloured circle to stand on.
Rules of the game:
1. Only one hand or foot per coloured circle. The first player there, occupies the circle. If you can't agree who got there first, the decision of the referee is final.
2. Once you've made your move, you cannot move again unless the referee gives you permission to move a limb to let another player's limb through.
3. If all 6 circles of one colour are taken, spin again.
4. If the referee calls out a hand/foot colour combination you're already doing, you must move your hand or foot to a different circle of the same colour.
5. If a knee or an elbow lands on the mat, or if you fall over, you're out.
Other ways to play Twister:
Take it in turns to perform the moves that the referee calls out.
eg. The first spin is for player 1, the second spin is for player 2 etc.
This way you'll be making different twists which could get you more tangled.
Lots of players? Split into teams. (Pairs work best). Team members can share the same circle. As soon as one player falls over or touches the mat with a knee or an elbow, the team loses and the other team wins.
Each team plays every other team in the league. Keep score of the victories and defeats to see which team will triumph.
Play the Twister knockout challenge. The winning team stays on the mat and takes on new contenders until all the teams have played. The last team standing, wins.
1 Twister Mat - 1 Spinner
Age Group: 6 years up
Another game from the Hasbro Group